- Our experience in organizing this event is unmatched. During the Maha Kumbha Mela in 2001, we hosted the largest group of Western seekers—over 500 participants.
- We are the only well-established spiritual organization in Allahabad and Khajuraho with a comprehensive understanding of both Western and Eastern spirituality.
- We will arrange satsang with esteemed saints and yogis.
- At both of our campuses, we have created an environment conducive to starting, deepening, or concluding your personal practice.
- The serene atmosphere of our Allahabad campus enables you to tap into the collective consciousness of saints, sages, and fellow pilgrims who have come to the Kumbha Mela with one goal: inner healing and lasting change.
For more than 35 years, spiritual seekers from around the world have traveled
with the Himalayan Institute on their quest for personal enrichment.
Comments from past spiritual excursion participants:
I will always treasure my experience…there is no better way to experience the rich spiritual culture that is inherent in India then with those who are directly part of the unbroken lineage of the Himalayan masters. My experience was uplifting and spiritual and…will always have a special place in my heart.
- Nanette (Lyndhurt, NJ)
…an extraordinary experience I will never forget.
- Marianna (Vina del Mar, Chile)
…it was a great opportunity for personal and spiritual growth.
- Bob H. (Wayne, PA)
By simply being in a different culture, I was better able to understand my own culture and what has influenced who I am. The idea that certain places we visited felt very spiritually charged was also amazing.…I was reassured by the beauty that God was all around me…Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful opportunity. - Jordan S. (Madison, WI)
…it was all such an incredible experience.
- Suzanne S. (Omaha, NE)
I most valued the opportunity to travel with a group of such wonderful and like-minded people….the spiritual nature of an excursion such as this invites the opportunity to explore both [the] inner and outer worlds with a spirit of adventure. - Lisa H. (Baltimore, MD)
I wouldn’t trade my experience in India for anything!
- Mary Lou W. (Madison, WI)